ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- The Pathmark on Route 59 in Nanuet closed its doors for good .
- A train struck an unoccupied car at the Lake Road crossing in Congers for the second time in three days on Saturday.
- Volunteers from Rockland and Westchester counties got together to help the needy in honor of National hunger And Homelessness Awareness Week .
- Pfizer has sold approximately 200 acres of its Pearl River property.
- Nick Loucas, the owner of the famed Lucas Candies in Haverstraw, is carrying his family's business into a fourth generation .
- A resident of Spring Valley told police that a group of men vandalized his home .
- Rockland County Executive Ed Day said he opposes the acceptance of Syrian refugees until stricter safeguards are put in place.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.