ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- It's time to roll up those sleeves and get a flu shot and the Rockland County Health Department is ready to help by offering a number of flu vaccine clinics.
The clinics, which begin Friday, will offer shots to anyone six months or older in several locations including Pomona, Spring Valley, Haverstraw, New City, and Suffern:
Here's a list of the clinics:
- Friday, Sept, 22, 1-4 p.m. at the Spring Valley WIC office, 14 South Main Street, 2nd floor, Spring Valley.
- Friday, Sept. 29, 1-4 p.m. at the Haverstraw WIC office, 26 New Main St., Suite 1, Haverstraw.
- Friday, Oct. 6, 1-4 p.m. at the Robert Yeager Health Center, Building A, second-floor rotunda clinic area, Sanatorium Road, Pomona.
- Friday, October 13, from 1-4 p.m. at the Robert Yeager Health Center, Building A, second-floor rotunda clinic area, located at Sanatorium Road in Pomona.
- Friday, Oct. 20, 1-4 p.m at the Spring Valley WIC office, 14 South Main Street, 2nd floor, Spring Valley.
- Friday, Oct. 27, 1-4 p.m. at the Haverstraw WIC office, 26 New Main Street, Suite 1, Haverstraw.
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 1-4 p.m. at the Allison-Parris County Office Building, l11 New Hempstead Road, 1st Floor Conference Room, New City.
- Friday, Nov. 3, from 1-4 p.m. at Rockland Community College, Student Union Building, Room 3217, 145 College Road, Suffern.
The vaccine is free of charge if you: are 65 years and older (please bring identification with proof of age) have Medicare or Medicaid (please bring your card) or are uninsured or underinsured.
No appointments are needed. There is a $25 fee for those six months through 64 years old. Cash or checks will be accepted.
The Health Department will be giving the quadrivalent flu vaccine which does not contain preservatives, including thimerosal.
For more information about the flu and the flu vaccine clinics visit call 845-364-2534 or 845-364-2997.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.