NYACK, N.Y. -- Arts and music abound in Nyack this weekend so there's no reason to stay snuggled under the covers, even if it is cold.
The events include:
- The Art Collective will host the"Feast of Love" group show from 8 to 10 p.m. Friday, and see how each artist approached this theme, at Casa del Sol, 104 Main St. In addition visitors can view artwork by Nyack Art Collective members throughout the month of February at the Athena Building (Broadway and Main), the theme is "Hearts," as well as upstairs at Prohibition River, 82 Main St.
- Art of the Pin-up at Beast with a Million Eyes, at 6 p.m., featuring vintage illustration and memorabilia from the collection of James Motomal at Beast with a Million Eyes, 68 S. Broadway.
- The Edward Hopper House Arts Center presents Dreams and Shadows: The Life and Art of Joseph Cornell, a presentation by Cliff Tisdell. Event begins at 7 p.m. at 82 N. Broadway.
- Enjoy some classic whodunits with Alfred Hitchcock Presents 2 One Acts where macabre murder mysteries are performed live on stage, directed by Richard Quinn. Friday and Saturday from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main St.
- Elmwood Playhouse presents "Harvey," a classic comedy about a kind hearted, middle-aged eccentric. Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. Elmwood Playhouse, 10 Park St.
- Local artist Bill Batson is the MC for Nyack Center’s annual Black History Month Celebration, "And Still We Rise," and the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory contest at 7 p.m.at 58 Depew Ave.
- Opening Reception for Hudson Valley Landscape Photography by Steve Aaron. 1 to 3 p.m. at the Valley Cottage Library, 110 NY-303.
- Frankie D & the Boys are back with some funk, soul and R&B at 9 p.m. at Casa del Sol, 104 Main St.
- An Exhibition and reception for the art work of Ed Kirkland. 1 to 3 p.m. at Nyack Library, 59 S. Broadway.
- The Young Masters Recital Series features Jun Luke Fosters, a classical pianist, from 1:30–3:30 p.m. at Valley Cottage Library, 110 NY-303.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.