ORANGETOWN, N.Y. -- Business leaders attending the next Palisades Institute forum at Dominican College in Blauvelt will walk away with practical advice on how to be in compliance with changing regulations under the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.
The forum, titled “The Affordable Care Act: Its Impact on Business Strategy and Operations,” will be held Wednesday from 7:30-10 a.m. in the Lawrence Room of Rosary Hall at Dominican College, 480 Western Highway, Blauvelt.
A panel of experts on the Affordable Care Act will let business leaders know what is required of them and answer questions. The panel will include:
- John Rosenberger, CPA, tax manager, GKG Certified Public Accountants and Business Consultants.
- Matt Libby, vice president, MDG Employee Benefit Solutions, Certified Insurance Consultants,
- Stu Kornberg, director, PayServ Corp., Payroll Service
Topics discussed will include:
- Health care coverage that must be provided to employees.
- How to determine ACA-related “full-time equivalent” employees.
- How to minimize tax liability and penalties.
- Forms that must be submitted to the federal government.
A continental breakfast will be served beginning at 7:30 a.m., and the forum will begin at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $25, and registration is required. Those interested in attending should call 845-848-7806 or visit the website .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.