PALISADES, N.Y. -- Two disabled residents were saved from a house fire on Closter Road in Palisades on Wednesday by Sparkill firefighters.
Orangetown police officers, who arrived at the fire around 9:52 p.m., were able to use a fire extinguisher to damp down the flames at the front of the home and soon after, Sparkill firefighters arrived, made entry into the home and carried out the residents, said Orangetown police.
South Orangetown Ambulance and Rockland paramedics treated the two victims who were later transported to Nyack Hospital for smoke inhalation, police said.
Both Sparkill and Tappan fire departments responded, as well as the Orangetown fire and building inspectors, police said.
Following a preliminary investigation, the cause of the fire does not appear to be suspicious.