When it comes to Thanksgiving, there's nothing better than the turkey, except of course, for the pie, according to lohud.com.
Instead of spending hours baking, stop at one of the following "hot" pie shops. Here's a list of the top 10 spots, according to loud.com
- The Pie Lady: Prices range from $24 to $32. The shop is at 366 N. Highland Ave/9W Upper Nyack, 845-535-3290, http://www.pielady.com
- Baked By Susan: . Prices range from $5 to $24. Orders can be placed by phone or e-mail; the shop is at 163 Grand St, Croton-On-Hudson, 914-862-0874, http://bakedbysusan.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flour and Sun Bakery: Full-sized pies are $18 each (or two for $32). They also offer mini 5-inch pies for $7 each. The shop is at 19 Washington Ave., Pleasantville, 914-495-3232, http://flourandsunbakery.com .
- Le Gateau Suisse : Prices range from $9.75 to $13.25. Orders can be placed by phone or in person. The shop is at 20 Mountainview Ave., Orangeburg, 845-365-2194, http://www.legateausuisse.com
- City Limits Diner: Prices range from $21.95 to $35.95. The shop is at 200 Central Ave., White Plains, 914-686-9000, http://www.citylimitsdiner.com
- By The Way Bakery: Prices range from $27.50 to $35. Orders can be placed by phone. The shop is at 574 Warburton Ave., Hastings, 914-478-0555, http://www.btwbakery.com/
- Sweet Delites Pastry Shop: All pies are available in two sizes: 8-inch ($8.99) or 10-inch ($18-$18.50). Orders can be placed by phone. The shop is at 325 Route 100, Somers, 914-276-6444, http://www.sweetdelitespastryshop.com
- Grandma's: Prices are $13.50-$23.95. Orders can be placed by phone. The shop is at 3525 Compound Road, Yorktown Heights, 914-739-7770.
- Mimi's Plate: Prices run from $24-$32 as well as mini mince meat tarts ($2.50) and angel bars with walnuts and lemon glaze ($4.50). Orders can be placed by phone. The shop is at 33 Old Tappan Road, Tappan, 845-359-6464, http://mimisplate.com
- Riviera Bakehouse: Prices range from $16.50 to $23.75. Orders can be placed by phone or in person, and the deadline is Sundayyork. The shop is at 660 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, 914-693-9758, http://www.thewhimsicalbakehouse.com
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.