NYACK, N.Y. – We may be heading into the winter doldrums now that the hustle-bustle of the holidays is over, but there is still plenty to do in Nyack and other places in Rockland County.
Here is a partial list:
- Jon Burr Jazz Quintet: Celebrates the launch of its new “hard-bop” album, “Very Good Year,” with a performance at the Union Center for the Arts. Friday, Jan. 8. 8-10 p.m. 2 Union Ave., Sparkill. (845) 359-0258. www.uacny.com.
- The Historical Society of Rockland: Holiday exhibition celebrates the 100th birthday of the beloved children’s character, Raggedy Ann, and recreates a parlor (circa 1915) decorated for the holidays. 12 noon - 4 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays and Sundays through Jan. 17. 20 Zukor Road, New City. (845) 634-9629.
- Bear Mountain Ice Rink: Adults, $5; children (ages 4-22), $4. Click here for hours. http://www.bearmountainicerink.com/. Bear Mountain State Park. Tomkins Cove. (845) 786-2701.
- The Jeff Rubin Band will perform at 9:30 p.m. at Casa del Sol in Nyack Friday, Jan. 8. 104 Main St, Nyack. (845) 353-8846.
- The Nyack Window Project: Now through Jan. 31. Artists have created original installations in downtown storefront windows, a project conceived by award-winning set designer and Nyack resident Joanne Howard. Exhibits on Main Street and Broadway.
- Hip hop Shakespeare: The Children’s Shakespeare Theater’s Winter Festival. 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 9, at the Nyack Center. 58 Depew Ave., Nyack. (845) 258-2600.
- The Old No. 7 Band plays the blues, bluegrass, R & B and rock. Friday, Jan. 8. 9 p.m. Pier 701, 701 Piermont Ave., Piermont. (845) 848-2550.
- PBS stars Frank Vignola & Vinny Raniolo will play 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 9. Rockland Conservatory of Music, 45 S Main St, Pearl River. (845) 356-1522.
- Nyack artist William Bruckner: Exhibit runs from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. each Sunday through February. Historical Society of the Nyacks, 50 Piermont Ave, Nyack. (845) 358-0552.
- Winter is for the Birds: Hedy Albert, naturalist and educator will lead a family nature program. Learn about birds and make a bird feeder. 1 - 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 10. Sterling Forest Visitor Center, Tuxedo Park. (845) 351-5907.
- Children’s art classes: Starting Monday, Jan. 19 at the Rockland Center for the Arts. For the full schedule, click here. rocklandartcenter.com. RoCA , 27 S. Greenbush Road, West Nyack. (834) 358-0877.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.