NYACK, N.Y. -- An 1862 quilt with 50 signatures of local citizens will be part of a new exhibit opening Sunday in Nyack.
In June and July, the Historical Society of the Nyacks will display “Treasures from Our Collection" featuring the star quilt, along with a newly-acquired woven blue and white coverlet by M.A. Corneliso in 1837, and a colorful Crazy Quilt that is over 100-years-old.
In 1889, the local newspaper reported the unearthing of three Native American pestles on the riverfront property of Garret Sarvent. These will be on display, as will a piano and sewing machines, all made in Nyack.
The bell and pointer from the first Upper Nyack School (1843-1885) and other items of historic interest will be displayed.
In addition, a new exhibit will be displayed in the glass cases in the Carnegie-Farian room at the Nyack Public Library (Broadway entrance).
The exhibit runs Sundays, 1 to 4 p.m. June 4 to July 24 or by appointment at Depew House, 50 Piermont Ave. on the lower level. The location is behind the Nyack Library facing Memorial Park.
Admission is free, though donations are appreciated.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.