ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Keep Rockland Beautiful is holding its Annual Awards Gala on Saturday, Nov. 19, from 7-10 p.m. at the HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center in Palisades.
The event, which also serves as the group's major fund-raising effort of the year, will include dinner, a world fusion performance by pianist John McDowell with Michael Wimberly on the djembe, an upcycled art and photography display, a silent auction and raffle.
A wine-tasting with Julie Belardinelli, independent wine ambassador at Boisset Wine Living, will be conducted an hour before the gala.
The 2016 awards and honorees include:
- Beautification Award: Valley Cottage Library
- Business Partner Award: TD Bank
- Cleanup Leader Award: Timothy Sanders, counselor/recreation aide, Haverstraw Center
- Education Award: Joseph Lloyd, principal at Sloatsburg Elementary School
- Public Service Award: Jo Anne Pedersen, superintendent at Clarkstown Recreation and Parks
- Golden Grabber Award: John LaPlaca, Suffern
Tickets to the gala are available for $125 per person, $200 per couple or $950 for a table of 10.
To RSVP, call 845-708-9164, send an e-mail to email@example.com or click here.